Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Monday, December 22, 2008

Informa Looks to Reduce Debt

The Independent reports that Informa is considering seelling some assets to reduce its debt burden. There have been rumours that Informa is concerned about the possibility of breaching its banking covenants. Certainly the City has been marking down its stock because of the high level of gearing.

Covenrants get tighter as time goes on. They are agreed on the basis that the business grows and in interest cover improves (thats profit/interest due). As trading weakens a breach becomes ever more likely. Informa is not admitting to any possible future breach and they remain confident, but not so confident that disposing of assets to raise some cash is not being seriously considered.

It is not a good time to sell anything - just ask the Board of Reed Elsevier.

Next year I am expecting at least one "oh my god!" moment when something really ugly happens to one of the big players. Informa is already putting down a marker that they don't want it to be them.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and which big player would you put your money on it being?

 
At 4:38 pm, Blogger Keshia Stevens said...

Hi,


My name is Keshia Stevens. I've just visited your site and I

was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with

my website. I can offer you a home page link back from my

Business and Payroll website which would be (

http://www.srforce.com/ ) with page rank 3

Your link will be placed here:
http://www.srforce.com/ PR3 (It`s a Business and Payroll

website PR3)

As mentioned, your link would be placed on the site home page,

not on any "links" pages which may be buried in the site

somewhere.

If you are interested please add the following information to

your website and kindly let me know when it´s ready and I

will do the same for you in less than 24 hours, otherwise you

can delete my link from your site.


Title: What prepaid cards
Url: http://www.what-prepaid-card.co.uk/
Description: This website compares the different prepaid

credit cards available in the UK today.

Or you can use the following html code:
What prepaid

cards
-This website compares the different prepaid credit

cards available in the UK today.

I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time,

Keshia Stevens
keshia.stevens@srforce.com

 
At 12:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My feeling is that it will be Informa

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home